ACCOMMODATION & INTERESTING SIGHTS

Ingenio offers a wide range of accommodation of rural houses, holiday homes and beach apartments, located in different areas of the municipality, and surrounded by great scenic beauty.

Casa Rural Guayadeque   Casa-Cueva Guayadeque   Finca Palmeras   Finca Lomo Algodones	   Casa Oronado   Villa Parralito   Villa Algodones	   Villa Strelitzia Gran Canaria   Casa Rural Aguatona   Casa cueva El Origen   Villa Candela   Villa Néstor   VV El Puente   Casa las Toscas   VV Flatguest Ingenio   Casa Rural El Lirón   Villa La Atlantida   VV Burrero Bay   VV Sunshine Burrero   VV Burrero Seasight   Logo Gastroingenio   Finca tropical   VV El Burrero Beach   Logo Ayto Ingenio   

Mapa

 

We welcome you to La Villa de Ingenio, a municipality where we invite you to explore our most beautiful and special streets and places that will allow you to discover everything we can offer you so that you live a unique experience.
 
Are you coming with us?

INTERESTING SIGHTS

01 - BARRANCO DE GUAYADEQUE

The Guayadeque ravine is a mandatory stop among the places of interest that we can find in Ingenio.
 
This wonderful ravine, with an extension of 15 km long, is one of the largest in the Canary archipelago. It separates the municipalities of Ingenio and Agüimes and is characterized by its archaeological remains and the enormous number of cave houses that there are, some are even rented as a holiday home and you can live the experience of staying in them and waking up in the middle of nature.
 
 
The Guayadeque ravine is perfect for a day of excursion. There are several trails to enjoy this impressive ravine and its flora and fauna for which it also stands out. Likewise, we can find picnic areas and an Interpretation Center of the ravine where we can obtain information on archaeological sites, as well as interesting data on environmental values. If you are a history lover, you will love knowing how the aborigines lived in cave houses and how they have evolved until today.
 
 Guayadeque Restaurants

To regain strength after a good walk, we can find several restaurants, carved out of rock, where you can enjoy a good typical Canarian food. Among them, we highlight the Vega Restaurant and the La Era restaurant.

 
If you are wondering where to eat the best salted pig, Vega restaurant is undoubtedly the place, but you can also enjoy other delicacies such as goat meat, grilled meat, old clothes and other typical dishes of the kitchen. traditional Canarian.
 

If what you are looking for is a wood-burning grill restaurant where you can eat a good steak, entrecote or any of its dishes such as goat meat in sauce, that is the Grill La Era restaurant where you can also enjoy spectacular views of the Barranco.

02 - PLAYA DEL BURRERO

The main beach on the Ingenio coast is Playa del Burrero. With an extension of 500 meters, we are facing a cozy beach with clean and clear waters made up of sand and pebbles.
 
In summer, especially, strong winds predominate, making it ideal for practicing water sports such as surfing, kite surfing, wind surfing. In addition, it still preserves its fishing tradition so fishing can also be practiced.If what we want is to enjoy a day at the beach without the wind blowing a lot, the best months to go are September, October and November.
Playa de El Burrero
 
Crowning this beach we find a volcanic rock formation almost 10 meters high called El Roque. This serves as a shelter from the wind, so the area next to this imposing volcanic sculpture is considered the best area for bathing and the rest of the beach is reserved for water sports. In front of the Roque, also known as Roque Utigrande, we find the Vista Alegre mountain, 51 meters high.
 
It is popular for the practice of sailing sports such as windsurfing or kitesurfing, thanks to the strong winds. There you can find markets, restaurants, pharmacies, it also has sports facilities, fishing clubs, Paddle Surf, Windsurfing, motor boating, photography and other underwater activities.
 
It is a beach that is not very frequented by tourists, but by islanders who come to enjoy this unique environment.
 
Enjoy a walk with a view.
 
Recently, a path and a viewpoint to the open sea have been inaugurated. It is a raised wooden platform that connects the bathing area with the Vista Alegre mountain viewpoint with spectacular views of Roque Utigrande, the coast, the sea and the beach of San Agustín, popularly known as the “Playa de Atrás ”. On the 172-meter-long route, it also facilitates the observation of an archaeological site that also has information panels.
 
Where to eat on the Burrero beach?
 
If hunger strikes, we will have no problem finding a place to eat a good meal. Being an urban beach, we can easily find restaurants to go to eat. We leave you some options:
 
Miramar Restaurant, whose specialty is fresh fish and meat. In its menu we can find fish combinations, meat soup, chickpeas, etc. From Tuesday to Friday you can enjoy their seafood soup.
 
In Café Bar El Muellito, in addition to enjoying a spectacular and wide range of homemade food such as Saharan squid, grilled tuna, croquettes, old clothes, Russian salad, stew, fried roe, fried brown, squid in sauce, etc. Friday you can enjoy an evening with live music.
 
El Anhelo is also characterized by the home style in the preparation of its dishes, as well as the use of artisan breads for both sandwiches and hamburgers. Among its dishes we find cod tortillas, wrinkled potatoes, nachos with veal, chicken or cochinita pibil, ham or chicken croquettes, etc. in addition to its delicious and varied sandwiches and hamburgers.
 
We hope you enjoy it!
 
Follow us to discover more treasures in Ingenio where you can spend a good day and enjoy its wonderful gastronomy.
 
03 - INGENIO INTERPRETATION CENTRE - TOURIST INFORMATION OFFICE
 
Located in the heart of the historic centre of the town of Ingenio, visitors can take an interactive journey through time, from pre-Hispanic times to the present day, visiting the different rooms that show events and characters that have marked the history of the municipality, as well as the most emblematic archaeological sites and landscapes.
 
 
The Ingenio Interpretation Centre is located in the town's Tourist Office and is divided into several areas. In the first of these is the contents room, where visitors can find information leaflets and plan their visit to both the Interpretation Centre and the municipality. This room leads to the projection room. This is the historical room where you can review the evolution of the municipality in its different stages through touch screens and information panels. Finally, we would find the crafts room, where we can see original objects used by the ancient inhabitants of the area, as well as utensils, ceramics and textiles such as fretwork, as Ingenio was and is the most artisan village in this speciality. In this sense, it has had such an impact that the Moda Calada Fashion Show has been held every season for more than 20 years.
 
Lastly, we come to La Tiendita Siente Gran Canaria. A craft and food products shop where you can buy local products such as cheese, wine, honey, biscuits, textiles, ceramics, costume jewellery, etc.
 
Currently, the Interpretation Centre of Ingenio can be visited virtually through the following link.
 
Mummies inside the museum of the Interpretation Centre of Ingenio
 
04 - WATER AND SUGAR MUSEUM
 
Also located in the historic center of the Villa de Ingenio, this museum shows the historical evolution of the Villa from the 15th century to the present, focusing on water, the protagonist of its origins as an indispensable force to move the sugar mill that It gives its name to the municipality, going through everything that was developed around it such as crops, sugar manufacturing, sugar mills, mills, etc.
 
It has several exhibition rooms distributed in four buildings: two mills (Molino de los Díaz and Molino de los López), a house with a barn and a traditional house.
 
photo of the mill in the museum of water and sugar
 
05 - CRAFTSMANSHIP WORKSHOP OF ENGINEERING
 
In addition to being a workshop where you can learn crafts. This beautiful workshop house, located in the historic center of Ingenio, has a showroom with representative pieces of traditional crafts from Gran Canaria, as well as a projection room where videos are projected explaining the history of crafts from different points of the city. Island.
 
foto de ceramistas trabajando en el taller de artesanía de Ingenio
 
photo of potters working in the Ingenio craft workshop
 
06 - VILLA DE INGENIO INTERNATIONAL FESTIVAL FESTIVAL MUSEUM
 
A space where the visitor can travel through the 5 continents, each one of a different color designated by UNESCO.
 
In it, you can see costumes and objects donated to Coros y Danzas de Ingenio by the different groups participating in the Festival during its 23 editions.
 
It also has a large projection room where you can watch videos of their performances.
 
photo folklore costumes in the museum of the international folklore festival of Villa de Ingenio
 
07 - THE NESTOR ALAMO PARK
 
The Néstor Álamo Park, located in the heart of the historic center of the municipality of Ingenio, is a beautiful park built next to the Barranquillo de Ingenio. A place to enjoy a break in an idyllic setting.
 
Inside is the largest palm tree in the Canary Islands, popularly known as "La Palmera Paquesito", symbol of the greatness of Ingenio. Its height is around 50 meters high and its age is between 500 and 600 years, so in addition to being the tallest it is also the longest, having survived 5 centuries.
 
This park is ideal for a short walk or to sit and enjoy its beauty.
 
Photo of the interior of the Néstor Álamo park and the Néstor Álamo park
 
08 - NEW STREET
 
As it is considered of great utility and of general interest, at the request of the Ingenio City Council, the engineer Juan León y Castillo in 1885 ordered the drawing up of a plan of the new street that was planned to be carried out crossing the “callejón de la Bagacera” to the Plaza and Temple of Nuestra Señora de Candelaria, avoiding the steep slope of Calle Real, known as La Ladera or "road that goes to La Candelaria", achieving a new communication route for the transit of carts from the Bridge, while providing to the expansion of the hamlet to be able to build houses on both sides. Its opening took place after reaching an agreement with the neighbors in exchange for the value of the affected land, crossing the primitive neighborhood of “Mentidero”. For years it was popularly known as Calle Nueva until in 1919 it was named Manuel Luengo. After the Civil War he was renamed General Franco, to return to the original name in recent times.
 
At the beginning of the street is the house-school for girls and fish market dating from 1885, and the one that was school for boys No. 2 for some years from 1919 in a rented premises. On the site where the animals were slaughtered for consumption, a two-story building was built that housed the offices of the Town Hall and Municipal Court from 1933 to 1943, later being a school group of children of four units and in recent times a school-workshop pottery.
 
09 - OUR LADY OF CANDELARIA PARISH TEMPLE
 
On the site that the Temple occupies today, the primitive hermitage was built in the 1560s on land donated by the brothers Juan and Baltasar Fullana, under the dedication of Our Lady of Candelaria, dependent on the Main Parish of San Sebastián de Agüimes. . Later it underwent various reforms and additions (chapels, steps, floor, ceilings, sacristy ...). In 1815 it was erected in Hijuela or Help of Parish, with territorial jurisdiction coinciding with the current municipality of Ingenio, being elevated to Parish in 1834 by virtue of the Royal Decree of Queen María Cristina. The ancient building was Mudejar in style and simple lines with a Latin cross plan and chapels on one side. Its only nave, with a gabled roof, had a lintel door for its façade. The tower, built in 1823, was located at one end of the façade.
 
basilica candelaria ingenio
 
            Given the increase in population and the degree of deterioration it suffered, in the second half of the 19th century the construction of a new temple was proposed, its great promoter being the parish priest Santiago Sánchez Dávila and the local patron Francisco Dávila Ramírez who donated half of their assets to pay for the works. Events are precipitated when part of the roof collapsed in 1900; Discarding a first design by Julián Cirilo Moreno, from 1901 the works began with plans by the architect Laureano Arroyo Velasco and under the direction of a neighborhood council; the work was interrupted by an unfortunate accident that cost the lives of two workers when the central nave collapsed. After a controversial process constructive with alteration of the original design and thanks to the help of the neighborhood with personal works and economic contributions, it was inaugurated with the presence of the Bishop in 1908, without having completed the entire work. In the second half of the 1940s, the unfinished south tower was finished.
 
 Its style responds to the prevailing architectural eclecticism at that time and is structured in three longitudinal naves and a transverse transept, with a half-barrel vaulted roof over columns and stone arches of the town, at the crossroads of which the semi-profile dome rises. -ovoid. At the foot of the lateral naves there are two quadrangular towers with three bodies each of unequal height. The two-story sacristy is arranged on the upper level with a flat roof made of tea beams and volcanic stone. On the sides of the interior there are five neo-Gothic altarpieces in polychrome wood and niches with different images, highlighting those of Our Lady of Candelaria, put to worship in 1797 and San Blas, the work of the Canarian image maker Luján Pérez. A Picture of Souls and different passages of the "Via Crucis" made by the local priest Pedro López Cabeza complete the set. In the sacristy an old image of "La Candelaria" is exhibited, and different pictorial works, highlighting for its plasticity an ancient "Ecce Homo" and a painting of Our Lady of Sorrows, a gift from Captain Juárez. The heritage is completed with small images, different objects for worship and costumes.
 
10 - HOUSE AND GARDEN OF THE BISHOP
 
The so-called “Casa del Obispo” was ordered to be built in the last years of the 15th century by the prelate Diego de Muros in an extensive garden that largely occupied the basin of a ravine. In a dispute with the Cabildo de Gran Canaria over delimiting landmarks, at the beginning of the 1500s it was demolished by order of the Governor and rebuilt by virtue of a ruling favorable to the Bishopric. Late in the 16th century, what was built consisted of a house with corrals, rooms for party owners and warehouses. Throughout the centuries, the garden was dedicated to different crops: sugar cane, vineyards, cereals, banana trees; in which fruit trees were abundant, thanks to the abundant water that flowed in that ravine and in nearby Guayadeque. The garden was expanded in the 1770s through the purchase of different plots by order of Bishop Cervera, passing the entire estate in 1777 to the recently created Conciliar Seminary as one more contribution to its support.
 
In 1921, the sale of the entire 22-bushel hacienda (121,000 m2) was carried out to the valsequillero Miguel Martel Monroy along with the water that he owned from the two reed inheritance. In 1929 the property was acquired by the engineering doctor Manuel Espino Navarro, except for a small part; passing in the 1960s to his daughters who alienated some plots between 1988 and 2002. Through an agreement with the Ingenio City Council, the house and patio became municipal property in 2002, and its restoration was carried out years later.
 
Entrance through the primitive "royal road", this space occupies a plot of 532 m2, 158 m2 corresponding to the historic building and the rest to the patio and services. The building is made up of four units, aligned in a south-north direction with plastered stone and mud walls, with the traditional construction technique of masonry, reinforced at their corners with stone blocks. The roof is gabled with wooden beams and tilla interweaving, topped with mud and straw “cake”, waterproofed with modern materials, being covered by tiles only the central two-storey module.
 
11 - OUR LADY OF GOOD SUCCESS PARISH TEMPLE
 
It had its origin in a hermitage built around 1658 to satisfy the spiritual needs of the neighbors, given the remoteness of the parish church, then in Agüimes and the hermitage “del Ingenio”. Its construction and endowment was due especially to the initiative of Captain Juan Ambrosio Betancourt with the collaboration of other Carrizal landowners, receiving for worship, ornaments and maintenance, a day of water, land and money. In the 1690s a part that had collapsed was rebuilt and the bell tower was completed. By 1782 a chapel was added to the bottom. Late in the 19th century it presented a marked deterioration so the current nave had to be rebuilt in 1872 until reaching the transept. At the beginning of the 20th century it was enlarged by adding the two side chapels and the largest one, using modern iron and concrete techniques in its construction, finishing with the bell tower around 1927. The fact that it was built at different times is reflected not only in the use of different construction techniques, but also in the use of elements taken from different styles (neoclassical, neo-gothic…), therefore, stylistically, it is an eclectic set.
 
Segregated from the Parishes of Nuestra Señora de Candelaria and San Sebastián with territorial jurisdiction in the lower area of ​​the municipalities of Ingenio and Agüimes, it was elevated to the category of Parish by order of Bishop José de Cueto y Díez de la Maza, on 29 December 1906, beginning his duties on January 27 of the following year.
 
In its interior several works of art of great interest are kept, such as the main altarpiece, a transitional baroque to the neoclassical one (1784); the images of San Roque and San José, attributed to the Gran Canaria sculptor José Luján Pérez (1793) and that of Nuestra Señora del Buen Suceso, a Genoese piece, brought in 1792, as well as other images of more recent dating.
 
12 - HOUSE OF THE PRIEST
 
Built after the second half of the 19th century by Juan Ramón Ramírez Ramírez (Juanito Ramón). In 1894, his widow Rita Sánchez Dávila and three daughters sold 2/3 to his brother and uncle, the priest Santiago Sánchez Dávila, leaving 1/3 for the other heir, the also priest Juan Ramírez Sánchez. For more than half a century the house is linked to the two ecclesiastics who inhabited it, occupying the ownership of the Parish of Nuestra Señora de Candelaria for 61 years: Santiago (1877-1901) and Juan (1902-1939) from whom it receives its name . Later it passed to Rita and Justino Pérez Ramírez, currently being María Jesús Pérez.
 
The two-storey building is a sample of academism, a style heir to neoclassicism followed by the 19th century master builders in civil buildings of the time that is reflected in the regularity of the openings and the symmetry in the composition of the building. The religiosity of its owners justifies that on the façade there are Eucharistic symbols, such as the ears and the chalice, and others such as the lily or the shell that refer to the Virgin Mary and baptism, and the anagrams "Jesús Hominum Salvator" and "Ave Maria".
 
13 - HOUSE OF THE FRIAR
 
Popular tradition speaks of a house that was inhabited by “some friars”, while documentary references from the mid-19th century refer to a terrestrial house that “they say of the Franciscan friars”. A cross located on the top was always a reference of location. By virtue of the laws of the confiscation process of 1850 and 1856, this house of 6 ¼ yards front and 12 deep with a total of 150 square yards (94 m2) belonging to the Convent of San Francisco de Las Palmas was confiscated by the State and acquired by public auction in 1869 by the engineer José Ramírez Ramírez and notarized in 1871. By will signed in 1902, his widow, María Juárez Juárez, bequeathed to Isabel Sánchez González the house called “del Fraile”.
 
Built with the traditional technique with stone walls and a gabled roof, it was recently acquired and restored by the Ingenio City Council.
 
14 - SET OF HYDRAULIC MILLS
 
After the Conquest, hydraulic mills for the crushing of sugar cane and the so-called “pan moler” proliferated in Gran Canaria, especially for obtaining wheat flour and “gofio” (roasted millet flour), once generalized its consumption after its implantation from America. Built at different times, over four centuries, there are up to twelve flour mills in the entire municipality of Ingenio; of them are conserved: six in a dilapidated state; three in the restoration phase (municipal property), one partially preserved and two missing. ”The sugar mill disappeared at the end of the 16th century.
 
The driving force to move them was provided by the water channeled from the Guayadeque ravine and administered by the Heredamientos de Ingenio and Carrizal through a “wounded” (conduit to divert the water).
 
The typology is almost common in all of them, being arranged in two differentiated modules: the cube (tank to store water) in general with a frusto-conical shape, and the attached building in whose basement is the “rodezno” (horizontal rotating wheel), moved by the water that comes out of the "bocín", whose axis transmits the necessary motive force to a "stone grinding wheel" that when rotating on another fixed grinds the grain coming from the "torva" in the milling room. In some cases the cube is replaced by a “canal” (a steeply sloping ditch).
 
The picture of four mills located in a reduced perimeter in this place gives an idea of ​​the splendor that these industries enjoyed in ancient times, their presence being an incomparable ethnographic attraction. The wheel (rodezno) of one of them gives the name to the mill and to the place where it is located.
 
Alonso de Matos lease contract. November 16, 1525
 
“… A sugarcane mill mill in the Vega de Aguatona with the wheel, axles, presses, channels, esteos, wounded, coppers, milling houses, purging houses, lodging houses, foam mills, mills for grinding bread and hawthorn and vines that are next to the sugar mill; half of a hostel where water is collected for milling the sugar mill ... "
 
15 - SET OF WINDMILLS
 
At the end of the 19th century and the beginning of the 20th, the presence of flour mills with a wooden structure became widespread in Gran Canaria, adapted and perfected from those that in previous centuries had been introduced from Europe, a work that is largely due to the carpenter de Gáldar, Manuel Romero (Romero system) that introduces a significant innovation by adding an orienting glue and perfecting the rotation mechanism on a support point located on the floor of the hall that made the entire structure of the mill pivot depending on the direction of the wind. Its typology is arranged around its grinding elements (grinding wheels, torva ...,) in a grinding room that extends into a single body on the roof in a wooden tower with a central axis that is connected by a system of gears. mates to the six lattice blades.
 
This mill and the one found in Las Rosas de Agüimes (it was originally in the Sequero neighborhood), are the only ones that are preserved responding to this milling technique of the seven that existed throughout the municipality. To these are added three windmills of the so-called Americans adapted to grinding, which have disappeared. It is also worth noting the presence of a multitude of wind turbines for the extraction of water in the coastal area, of which only three are still inactive.
 
Apart from being an example of popular architecture and its role in economic development, they are representative of the ethnographic heritage around the process of grain production, milling and eating habits, while embellishing the landscape, standing out from the small earth houses.
 
16 - PRIMITIVE URBAN CORE (SUGAR ENGINEER)
 
Occupying an approximate perimeter around this place, a sugar mill developed its activity, ordered to be built at the beginning of the 16th century by the Madeiran Antonio Sardinha, of which there is currently no vestige. Its different rooms were distributed on both sides of the ravine bed: boiler house, mill, press, purging and refining houses, rooms and tower. Around 1518 and for years it was run by Alonso de Matos, later passing through different owners until late in the century it ceased its activity and gradually disappeared (the tower lasted until the beginning of the 18th century).
 
Once the reeds were deposited in the "Ingenio" and the juice obtained by crushing in the mill and press, it was reduced by cooking in large copper cauldrons; once thickened it was put to crystallize in the "forms" (cone-shaped clay containers ) arranged in the sheds, obtaining sugar of different qualities.Canavereros, deburgers and almocrebes (transporters), in the plantations; boilermakers, refiners, purgers and skimmers in the transformation complex, as well as workers and slaves, were forming the first settlers who they settled in the place.
 
Around the industry, the original urban fabric is configured and developed, which was originally called "the Ingenio de la Vega de Aguatona" that was developed in the 16th century on the right bank of the ravine in what in later times would receive the name of "La Banda", expanding in the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries, while the nuclei of Almendro, Cenicero and Sequero were formed on the other side. A rich and varied toponymy in many cases lost was located in these historical places.
 
17 - INHERITANCES
 
With this name, the water communities that emerged in Gran Canaria as a result of the Conquest are known with the purpose of managing and distributing the waters obtained in the divisions or acquired through transfers. The ordinances established in 1529 regulate its normal operation, being the one in charge of applying them the so-called "Mayor of waters" and already in the last centuries the mayor of the town or a president. The flow channeled into ditches from the different “mothers” (springs) are divided into “hoes” (volume per second), according to the “dulas” (periods between irrigated), according to which each participant has (lots, quarters, hours…).
 
This building is the headquarters of the “Acequia Real de Aguatona” inheritance and houses the ancient “Casa del Reloj”, Casa de Juntas, dating from 1876 (shared for years with a children's school), offices and a current archive. It had ¾ parts of the water coming from the upper-middle course of the Guayadeque ravine, divided into four hoes (the other third corresponded to the Heredamientos de Agüimes) until 1967, which after creating the “Mancomunidad de regantes de Ingenio y Agüimes” it is governed by other criteria. Its irrigation space covers what was the primitive Vega de Aguatona (region between the Guayadeque and Aguatona ravines), reaching the Costa de Gando.
 
Other inheritances of the municipality are: "Principal y Mina", with its springs in the lower course of Guayadeque that irrigated the entire region of Carrizal and Las Rosas. "Las Majoreras" with springs in the Obispo ravine, shares its irrigation area with the previous one. "Madre de Aguatona", its springs are in the ravine of its name and irrigates the entire nearby Valley. "Los Chorros del Roque", in the basin of the Sierra ravine, its irrigated territory being the sunny side of Roque de Trejo and the surroundings of La Pasadilla.
 
The inheritances or "estates" have been the engine of the economic development of the municipality. Due to the depletion of the aquifer, only the first two continue to operate.
 
18 - POST HOUSE
 
This traditional Canarian-style manor house is fully identified with the ancient “royal road” or “bridle path” of which there is already news in the 16th century that it linked Telde with the town of Agüimes and different settlements in the South at the fork with another A road that from the Carrizal reached the "Ingenio de la Vega de Aguatona" almost a kilometer away and continued to the "Vega Castaña" and Cumbre.
 
Oral tradition tells us about a resting place along a long road from which it took about seven hours on the back of beasts of burden to get from Las Palmas and continue to far away places such as the Tirajana region. This road, which was defined as the "road that goes to Telde", lost its importance when in 1885 and after years of work a wide highway, suitable for carriages, was opened, which is the current general highway that just 50 meters away It passes through the Ejido and that later was the nerve center of an expanding neighborhood and a place of entry and exit of goods and people to the town.
 
This typical house with different upper and lower rooms, gabled roof, staircase, interior corridor in the upper part and community patio, in recent times was inhabited by different owners who gave their parts to the Ingenio City Council through sale and exchange, in the last years of the last century, proceeding later to its restoration.
 
19 - COUNCIL HOUSES
 
Once the new jurisdiction of Ingenio was formed, headed by a royal mayor, segregated from Agüimes in 1816, it must have had some premises of which there is no documentary evidence of its location, although oral sources speak of a first City Council in a two-story house with a roof known as "Casa de Matos" without specifying the time. The first headquarters of which there is documented news was in the street "La Virgen" in a rented premises for which they paid 21 pesetas per year, back in 1869. In 1878 a plot of land was acquired in La Ladera for 50 pesos , where as of 1880 the works of a new premises are carried out thanks to the financial help of the "Society of Pastures", being finished in precarious in the last decade of the XIX century. In 1933 he moved to a larger two-story house of new construction in the “Calle Nueva” of which the mayor Juan Domínguez was its great promoter, who lent money at low interest to contribute to its completion, where the Consistory was based. municipal for ten years. In 1942 a house owned by Agustina Morales at the end of Calle General Franco (today, José Morales) was acquired for the price of 50,000 pesetas, in which after some renovations it was inaugurated on June 29, 1943 on the occasion of the festivities of San Pedro. The last three venues housed to a greater or lesser extent: offices, boardroom, jail, and Justice of the Peace. On February 2, 1980, the new building with tile roof and balcony in the traditional Canarian style was inaugurated and entered into service, after an annex house with a front facing the Plaza that had been the secretary's home was demolished, leaving the previous one in its rear at a lower level, later refurbished. A new extension was inaugurated on March 25, 2011 in a building with modern lines.
 
20 - SAN AGUSTÍN BEACH - EL BURRERO

         

Playa de El Burrero  Playa de El Burrero  Playa de El Burrero Playa de El Burrero  Playa de El Burrero  Playa de El Burrero

Enlarge Map

mapa_interactivo_lugares_de_interes